Uploading the database to your XAMPP phpmyadmin is faster using Terminal than doing it from phpmyadmin. For this please follow the following steps.
- Open the Terminal and cd into the folder where the sql database you need to upload is located.
- Login to your mysql using the commond
mysql -u”Your Username” -p”Your Password”
- If the terminal asks for the password, enter the password you entered for localhost.
- Create a new database by the following command.
Create “Your Database Name”. If you have already created the database, then select database using “USE <DatabaseName>”
- Give the import command by typing the following:
source “SQL File name”;
Your sql should be imported really fast and successfully.